Office (607) 595-2086
Maintenance (607) 235-1200
Fax (607) 238-1151
1. Email: Management@ColonialGardensOwego.com
2. Fax: (607) 238-1151
3. Snail Mail: P.O.BOX 132
Tomkins Cove, NY 10986
We know our tenants lives change and sometime this means they may need to find a new place to live. We hope you enjoyed living here and want to help make the process a little easier.
When you decide you need to move, we need to be notified in writing as soon as possible. To the right you will find a 30 day notice to send us. After printing it out, fill it out and make sure you give us a forwarding address, then you have 4 options to get it to us:
(607) 595-2086 Office | (607) 235-1200 Maintenance | (607) 238-1151 Fax
In order that we may mutually end our relationship on a positive note, here are some guidelines to follow when it comes to how we expect your unit to be left and what our procedures are for returning your security deposit.
Basically, we expect you to leave your rental unit in the same condition it was when you moved in, except for normal wear and tear.
Specifically, here's a list of items you should thoroughly clean before vacating:
- Sweep and clean wood floors
- Vacuum carpets and rugs (shampoo if necessary)
- Mop kitchen and bathroom floors
- Clean walls, baseboards, ceilings and build-in shelves
- Kitchen cabinets, counter tops and sink, stove and oven - inside and out
- Refrigerator - clean inside and out, empty it of food
- Bathtubs, showers, toilets and plumbing fixtures
- Door, window and window coverings
- Please don't leave anything behind--that includes bags of garbage, clothes, food, newspapers, furniture, appliances, dishes, plants, cleaning supplies or other items that belong to you.
- Be sure you have disconnected phone and utility services, canceled all newspaper subscriptions and sent the post office a change of address form.
- You will need to call the Town of Owego and schedule a water meter final read and supply them with a forwarding address. Should your water bill not be paid there will be a $50 charge taken out of your security deposit, as well as the bill itself.
- Once you have cleaned your unit and removed all your belongings, please call us at 607-595-2086 to arrange for a walk-through inspection and to return all keys.
- It's our policy to return all deposits at an address you provide 30 days after you move out. If any deductions are made -- for past due rent, water bill or because the unit is damaged or not sufficiently clean -- they will be explained in writing.